Secondary Highway

Life off of the freeway, taking in the scenery.

Wednesday, August 09, 2006

Basic Fire Tool Primer

So far I've gotten to light up four times now, the last time was an impromptu performance downtown during Gallery Night which was the first time I lit up with my new tool - a fancy aluminum contact staff that had just arrived from New Zealand. I'm liking staff more than poi because it seems like dancing and movement is easier and more important, kind of like with hooping.

A few people have gotten really confused and/or curious when I talk about spinning fire so it seems like a good idea to show a few pics of what it looks like.

These shots are of SnowFire members during Riversplash, earlier this summer and a first attempt at photographing fire performance so the shots are not that great yet.

Anna with Poi

Eric with Poi

Eric on the ground with Poi and Gene with Staff

Beth and Anna Hooping

I think there's some shots from Bastille days on my camera, so once I get them off I'll post a few more.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home