Secondary Highway

Life off of the freeway, taking in the scenery.

Friday, March 03, 2006

Face Used as Blocking Device

My nose isn't broken, but my sinuses are definitely pissed off. Last night I was standing in the wrong place at the wrong time as a soccer ball that had a tremendous amount of force behind it, ricoched off of my face. We won the game though! We actually won two games which was fantasic seeing as we lost every other game this season... by a lot. I tried playing for a little while for the second game but was overcome by the headache, dizziness, and nausea. I didn't barf and it didn't feel like a concussion - I woke up this morning and all is well. Well, except for the bridge of my nose being in a lot of pain and this headache. Fortunately there's no bruises and really very minor, superficial swelling. Ah sports.

Finally got pulled over this morning for having expired tags on my car. I noticed on MONDAY that my registration expired in DECEMBER, but I'd never gotten a renewal notice. Argh. The very nice lady officer gave me a warning, and now I have a month to pay the DMV and stop by the cop shop to show off the new tag. I've got "Predator" hair today (dreads in a big poufy ponytail and a bandana makes me look kinda like this guy.) and so it would have been kind of funny to be pulled over replete with a black and blue face... like I'd been beating the crap out of Arnold Schwartzenegger all night. Or maybe not.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home