Secondary Highway

Life off of the freeway, taking in the scenery.

Thursday, February 09, 2006

Crap Art... Absolution

This whole creative block thing I've got going on can end now. No now. I mean... now. Yes. Right now. Ok... now. Bah.

I made this piece of crap for an art auction at The Eisner Museum of Advertising and Design. They have an auction every year and give out boards to people to make a "Square Foot of Art" to sell and raise money for the museum. It's better than what I made last year, which was even crappier, but it just didn't turn out like I'd hoped. Part of the problem was knowing I couldn't easily start over. It wasn't supposed to be so... stark, and white. I built up the thickness of the board and added canvas thinking of painting a background but I didn't want to mess it up. The other thought was that the felt would be a little embroidered but I ran out of time for that. Oh well.

In happier news I found out today that the Eisner's website won something at the 2006 Madison ADDY's. I'm not sure what it won, but I'm still pretty chuffed about it. (I designed the Eisner's site.)

I also designed two t-shirts for the Eisner that I'll post pictures of when I get samples of them. The print coordinator guy called me yesterday to tell me that he saw them on press and thought they looked really outstanding and just had to let me know. How cool is that? Totally made my day.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home