Secondary Highway

Life off of the freeway, taking in the scenery.

Wednesday, August 30, 2006

First Official

Spent the first night in my new place on an actual bed last night. Well, ok, so it's a mattress on the floor, only a minor step above a blow-up camping mattress, but I actually showered this time on account of having moved all my bathroom related junk over.

While in the shower this morning, I looked around, and realized that this is the first place I've lived in... what... jeebus... uh... many years. (T's: Weird mini 1' deep square tub. Superior St.: Short tub that was kind of icky. OB's house: Tiny tub. Warehouse: No tub, shower was a shower head sticking out of the bathroom wall, and a hole in the rubber lined bathroom floor. Rockstar house: Icky gross bathroom and boy roommates. Stuttgart: Weird tiny German tubs. Finally - Shauna's house in Minneapolis: Full sized claw foot tub, but never took baths due to not wanting to hog the only bathroom.) Many, that had a tub suitable for taking baths. Goddamn! Sweet!

The tub in the new place is regular sized, and clean. The sort of clean where the porcelain has been obviously scrubbed down many times, but pristine white. I squeaked a little bit, after years of hearing girls discuss the joys of bath bombs, and going into Lush shops only to have to overlook a huge amount of lovely smelly product due to it being strictly bath related (Uh, yeah, I'm a Lush fan, wanna make something of it?) this was certainly a happy discovery.

Maybe it's all because after this week of 14 hour work days to launch a huge project, while trying to move all my shit to a new place, a bath sounds like a really fantastic idea.

Anyway. I'm not sure I'm digging being in a lower flat. I had a choice of the upper or lower, but the upper is carpeted, and the lower is a little nicer with hardwood floors and a dishwasher. While unpacking some things last night I realized that leaving windows open is going to freak me out a little. Mostly because of this. Some of which occurred a block from my place. Sheeeit. At least they caught him, and the whole neighborhood is pretty vigilant about watching out for each other being on the border of the ghetto, but still, I'm going to have to find that cam shaft out of a small block Chevy that Justin gave me years ago and keep it by my bed, I mean, mattress on the floor.

Other than that, I slept better last night than I have in weeks, although I don't remember my mattress being quite that stiff, got used to having a luxe pillow top and was spoiled I guess. Viva la bed all to yourself!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home