Secondary Highway

Life off of the freeway, taking in the scenery.

Monday, October 30, 2006

Theme of Bigger Bikes


So a couple weeks after riding an inline four for the first time, I was given the opportunity to ride one on the track. The idea was a little daunting since the TrackHawk is a fairly easy, low powered bike to ride compared to something like a race prepped inline 600. It turned out to be not so bad. Didn't get to the scary lean angle I've acheived on the TrackHawk, but by the end of two days, I was pretty comfortable and happy on the R6. The TrackHawk apparently has been sold, and so now I'm on the lookout over winter for a new track bike. I have no idea what to look for though, another Hawk? An SV650? Maybe an inline 600?

3 Comments:

Blogger snoutbeagle said...

Really? The TrackHawk was sold?

2:15 PM  
Blogger 2ndaryHighway said...

Yeah, I found out through a friend of the friend who bought it from T. The new owner is a Hawklist guy who very sadly may part it out. :( That just doesn't seem right, but whatever. I have nothing to say about it, because I didn't buy it. I've got a couple of possible options for next year though, so I should still get to do track days. Woot!

2:44 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

inlines are teh shite. i still have massive love for v bikes but do so love my cbr.. more than i even thought i would. i'm searching for the perfect torque curve, though.. the f4 (the on i had @ TWO) is fun but at high revs (6grand+).

wanna see what the 2nd gen honda 6ooRR will do.. :)
-r

6:01 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home