Secondary Highway

Life off of the freeway, taking in the scenery.

Monday, April 07, 2008

Waiting... and Obsessing

After looking at this page for the first time in over a year I realized... that I haven't posted in over a year. I'm not sure anyone has even noticed.

Worse yet, the last addition to this blog was a very sad one, in fact, reading it again indeed made me cry. Losing a parent sucks. Seriously sucks, and not something I think you ever really fully recover from. It gets a little easier though, and for anyone concerned, I'm ok.

Lots of things happened over the past year. Finally started telling people we eloped (in October of '06), started coaching along with my husband for a trackday organization, got my racing license and won a Championship, which was totally an opportunistic win, gotten just for showing up (I'll explain later... maybe), and started looking to buy a house.

That last item is sort of why I'm scraping off the crusties on this blog. After reading several house-blogs, if we get the house we put an offer in on last week, we'll have some stories to tell. It wont be as exciting as buying a haunted house for a dollar and then moving it, living in Morocco (so much envy - I have wanted to see Morocco for a very long time now, reviving a crack house or dealing with carpets soaked in pee - but it's still going to be a lot of work. Keep your fingers crossed.

For the time being I'm obsessing about kitchen cabinets, appliances, flooring materials, researching plaster vs. gut and drywall, rain barrels, painting aluminum siding, and natural prairie landscaping. Eeps!

2 Comments:

Blogger snoutbeagle said...

It's about time for a post! Good for you and keep it up! :P

4:55 PM  
Blogger Miss Kris said...

I noticed! You are married?! Holy cow, woman! I'm gonna spread the news to the other meece :)

2:29 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home